Sunday Schedule for
Worship and Fellowship
Sunday School: 8:30 a.m.
Christian education for all ages
InnerMission: 9:30 a.m.
a time for food and fellowship
Worship Service: 10:00 a.m.
praying, singing, and preaching God's Word
Nursery for ages 0-3
Children's Church ages 4-7
Adult Small Groups and Youth Group: p.m. (see calendar)
Welcome to the website of the Evangelical Free Church of Mt. Morris! We are glad that you've found us on the internet, but would love even more to have you join us when we gather as a congregation on Sunday mornings to worship the God who is our Creator and Redeemer. It is our aim to know God as he has revealed himself in the Scriptures, to love and serve our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and to make him known to all peoples. This common belief and shared mission creates a community of faith to which we would invite you to experience with us. We hope you will join us soon.
Evangelical Free Church of Mt. Morris
102 South Seminary Avenue
Mt. Morris, Illinois 61054
Email: office [at] efcmm [dot] org
Heart and Hand Early Learning Center
To report problems or corrections regarding this site, please email our websteward.
• 8:30 a.m. Annual Meeting: All adults will meet in the Fellowship Hall. We will present our FY15 budget for approval, elect our FY15 Servant Board, and present our proposed changes to our constitution for approval.
• 10:00 a.m. Celebration of Grace: A special service featuring testimonies of God’s work in and through us during the past year.
• 5:30 p.m. Corn Boil: Arrive at the Long Family Farm (5788 N. Leaf River Road, Leaf River) at 5:30 p.m. or later; supper will be served at 6:00 p.m. Pulled pork BBQ, sweet corn, table service and lemonade will be provided. Bring two dishes to share, lawn chairs and outdoor games.
This Week at EFCMM
• EFCMM Softball Game: Thursday, 7:15 p.m., Reynolds Park, Dixon.
• Men’s Fellowship Breakfast: This Friday, July 25th, 8:30 a.m., at the Main Street Bistro in Mt. Morris. All men are invited; “Dutch Treat.”
• Dessert Reception with Thomas & Kristine Rogers, InFaith missionaries serving in Mt. Morris, this Saturday, July 26th, 6:00 p.m., EFCMM Fellowship Hall. You will have the opportunity to visit with them personally, hear about their future plans and learn about their current needs.
Pastor Bruce will be singing at the Kable Band Concert on Wednesday, July 30th, at 8:00 p.m. All proceeds from the concessions beforehand at 7:00 p.m. will benefit Loaves & Fish, our community food pantry. All senior adults are invited to sit together and enjoy the evening. See Tom or Darlene Shouer for more information.
Remember in Prayer
• Jan Lawrence, now at Pinecrest, room #403, recovering from surgery.
• Youth Guys’ Trip: Hiking the Superior Trail July 21-25 in Minnesota.
The Evangelical Free Church of Mt. Morris is reading the Bible together in 2014! Go to the Resources menu above and then "Life in the Word" for information and tools to help you along.
DO LIFE IN GOD'S WORD. Every day, you do things like eat, sleep, work, and play. This year, make some time every day to be in the Scriptures as a regular part of your life.
FIND LIFE IN GOD'S WORD. This is one of the promises found in the Bible: that knowing, loving, trusting, and obeying God through his Word will bring you life—spiritual vitality during every season of life.
Pastor Bruce will be preaching on Sundays from the previous week’s readings, and special Sunday School classes will provide opportunities for questions and further discussion.
In 2014, each coming week's reading assignment will be posted here. You can download the whole plan from the LIFE IN THE WORD page.
July 18 Proverbs 16–18
July 19 Proverbs 19–21
July 20 Proverbs 22–23
July 21 Proverbs 24–26
July 22 Proverbs 27–29
July 23 Proverbs 30–31
July 24 Ecclesiastes 1–4
July 25 Ecclesiastes 5–8
July 26 Ecclesiastes 9–12
July 27 Song of Solomon