Sunday Schedule for
Worship and Fellowship
Sunday School: 8:30 a.m.
Christian education for all ages
InnerMission: 9:30 a.m.
a time for food and fellowship
Worship Service: 10:00 a.m.
praying, singing, and preaching God's Word
Nursery for ages 0-3
Children's Church ages 4-7
Adult Small Groups and Youth Group: p.m. (see calendar)
Welcome to the website of the Evangelical Free Church of Mt. Morris! We are glad that you've found us on the internet, but would love even more to have you join us when we gather as a congregation on Sunday mornings to worship the God who is our Creator and Redeemer. It is our aim to know God as he has revealed himself in the Scriptures, to love and serve our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, and to make him known to all peoples. This common belief and shared mission creates a community of faith to which we would invite you to experience with us. We hope you will join us soon.
Evangelical Free Church of Mt. Morris
102 South Seminary Avenue
Mt. Morris, Illinois 61054
Email: office [at] efcmm [dot] org
Heart and Hand Early Learning Center
To report problems or corrections regarding this site, please email our websteward.
• Congratulations! The rose on the platform is placed in honor of Susan Ilyse, who was born to Wil & Melissa Clark on Thanksgiving morning!
evening. The church will send you a reminder notice.
• Poinsettias: Today is the last day to order a poinsettia in memory or in honor of a loved one. Order forms are at the Welcome Center.
• Christmas Outreach: We will participate in the Voice of the Martyrs Christmas Action Packs outreach to refugees. Gift tag requests are on the Christmas tree in the Fellowship Hall. Please bring the gift (new or gently used) to our Birthday Party for Jesus on December 22nd.
This Week at EFCMM
• Monday Night Small Groups: Kielsmeier, Mennen and Rogers’ groups meet on Monday evening. See the group leader for meeting details.
• Family Fellowship Christmas Party (for families with younger children in the home): Friday, December 13th, 6:30 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall. Bring snacks to share, candies/decorations for a gingerbread house and a “gag & good” gift to exchange. A “gag & good” gift is a white elephant gift + a small nice gift. For children’s gifts, please bring a new or gently used book, puzzle, movie or game to exchange. Today is the deadline to reserve a gingerbread house for your family. Sign up at the Welcome Center.
• Combined Adult/Children’s Choir Rehearsal: Saturday, December 14th in the sanctuary. Children’s choir members need to arrive at 9:00 a.m.; adults need to arrive at 9:45 a.m. Children may be picked up at 10:15 a.m.
Next Sunday, December 15th, at EFCMM
• Church Caroling: Join us for caroling in the community! Meet at 5:00 p.m. in the sanctuary. The Longs will host the carolers afterwards for snacks. (Youth group will meet separately.)
Candlelight Service and Birthday Party for Jesus: Sunday, December 22nd, at 6:00 p.m. This will be a special service featuring Christmas music, Advent readings, and communion. Our Birthday Party for Jesus will follow the service. Everyone is asked to bring an appetizer, snack and/or dessert to share at the party. Come and bring a friend!